In this guide you will learn all the essentials about the history, neuroscience, legality, therapeutic applications and harm reduction of the most promising psychedelic drugs for science. After decades of international prohibition these molecules are returning to laboratories and clinics, hand in hand with the most rigorous science, to revolutionize the way we understand and treat mental health (depression, anxiety, PTSD and addictions). Discover the world of psilocybin, MDMA, DMT, ketamine and LSD, before society immerses in this revolution, which will forever change the perception we have of psychedelics. This guide will be of interest to both therapists and other mental health professionals interested in the clinical applications, parents and educators seeking to understand the impact and safety of psychedelics and other drugs, as well as any adult curious to learn about and explore this new world of the psychedelic renaissance.
What makes this guide different?
- It is an essential introduction to a key topic: a general introduction (of great literary quality, easy to read and highly illustrated) to the scientific phenomenon that will mark mental health in the 21st century.
- Hot topic: The psychedelic renaissance is already in the news in the most important newspapers and magazines around the world.
- Uniqueness and opportunity: This is one of the first titles on the market witha complete and fully updated overview on this subject.
- Practical approach: In addition to its scientific and sociocultural content, it also includes extensive practical information on safety and “risk reduction” for those who are approaching this world for the first time.
- The annex on legality, written by a specialized lawyer, clearly answers the most relevant questions about legislation.